Friday, January 15, 2010

The Notebook


There are many quirks that I harbor in order to stand out from the rest of the crowd. I have a fear of ketchup. It smells terrible and looks horrendous. Place it near me and I am bound to cower and shriek until it is removed from my presence. I hate baths. I only shower. The drain in the bathtub is disgusting. I can never ever ever touch it. You know what goes down there? All your filth. When I think of a drain being close to me because I am unfamiliar with the shower I am in, the song from Halloween plays when I realize I am a toe away from grazing it. There is a list but I would like to save it for other posts so let's focus on why this was brought about. On my break today I decided to be prepared for school by purchasing a notebook. No, not an Apple notebook, a spiral bound notebook with actual paper in it. I am old school and stay true to taking notes in class by hand. I, unlike everyone in my classes, will avoid computer tan from the constant glow. Plus I know what I would do on a laptop, not take notes, hell no - I am stalking people on face book checking to see what child the high school quarterback is on and what ambitious career the slut who slept with the gym teacher decided to take on. So as I walk through Target there is one, and only one, notebook that I can have. It has a black cover and there are 4 subjects within divided by different colors on the edges of the paper. As I shift through Hello Kitty, Batman, and various dots and glitter, I spot the last one. I sigh with relief and return to the check stand.

"Your total is $8.61."

For a friggin notebook?? I mean it is the coolest one alive and the only thing I will use but it is PAPER. Last time I checked you can buy a spiral bound notebook for $.89. Or wait, am I just getting old? Omg man, now I am just depressed.

Final Words: All the people at Target this evening were actually super helpful and nice. Shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment