Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Burial


A crowning moment of my adult life occurred today. I put white sheets and a white blanket on my bed. This is compared to my preferred black satin sheets with black blanket. I never thought I could pull off the all white but it looks pretty good. Fear not mounds of black clothes, I am not ready to trade you in. The wardrobe stays dark. I will attempt to keep these sheets white even though I refuse to separate whites and colors in the laundry. I may be an adult but I still cling to college aged methods of washing the laundry.
But what inspired this change? The death of King Richard I (my late Christmas tree) spurred me into a cleaning frenzy. Plus I know he wouldn't want me to mourn, so hello bright white room!
Last words: Putting away Christmas gifts and cleaning made me appreciate the following three things: keurig's one cup coffee maker (greatest invention for coffee addicts yet), a dishwasher that works well so i don't have to wrinkle my fingers, and a bed that I think I am starting to develop a cute crush on. He stood in my room for so long unnoticed like the boy next door and just recently I began to appreciate his ever constant attention and loyalty to me. Thanks Bed, tonight we will cuddle.

1 comment:

  1. Necely written miss Kelly. But really? A cute crush on your bed? Strange. Maybe you sleep too much :) Loved reading it, what's next?

    ReplyDelete