Friday, January 8, 2010

The Application


What is it with new computers and not having Microsoft Office already installed? I mean you shell out hundreds of dollars to have a calculator and a notepad. I have those two things already thank you (non computer style which is okay by me because who wants to log on to a laptop to use a calculator?). Tackling my future has therefore become extremely difficult. I can only upload my resumes and personal statements but cannot edit them. Hey thanks you tease! Let me see my document but then gray out all the tools so all I can do is bang wildly on my keyboard praying for the "key" to unlock Word.
Instead I have taken to wandering around my 400 square foot apartment admiring the items and furniture I have collected or received. I LOVE my apartment and am not ashamed to admit it. I have a friend who, every time he sees me, asks if I like living by myself because he just HATES it. He has actually started driving 20 minutes to his parents' house to spend the night there because he finds it lonely. I have other friends that swear they could never live by themselves. I, on the other hand, have spent hours and hours relishing in the fact that this 400 square feet is mine and I like not sharing it. Apparently a 3 year old attitude still dwells within me. Live on childish spirit! Without you I could never rationalize the amount of rent I pay every month.
Final Words: A pet peeve I have is when people say they "could never do xyz." Actually physically and emotionally you CAN do it, you just chose not to. The correct wording is "I would never want to do xyz." (I hear this a lot when I mention I am a vegetarian.)

1 comment:

  1. Yea that is straight retarded that a new computer doesn't have Office already on it. It doesn't even have the bs trial versions????? GAYY!! And I can't wait to move out and be on my own. I think it would be soo much fun. But I still have a lot to learn from my parents about growing up. Maybe people that move out soo soon now and days don't get enough life experience first and can't cope with different situations.

    ReplyDelete